Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rose Bent! Promotional Shoot and Media Design

Rose Bent - The Debut Album: Released December 2010
Band members: J-Kronic, Trinity and Sarah Paidlynn

I met Jacque aka J-Kronic in late 2004. We were both performing at what used to be Conan's, now Hawthorne Theater in Portland, OR. (Back when it was sing song time for me) I remember seeing her across the room, lookin' like a million bucks! I was able to catch her performance and after she got off stage, I approached her and said "J-Kronic! You are too pretty to be lookin so hard on stage!" She giggled and hit me back with her gorgeous smile. After a few more gigs at the same venues together, J hit me up for some background vocals. After finally able to have a good listen to her lyrics, I began to understand the essence of this young woman... and I related. She's driven. Unapologetic. Somewhat of a savage - in the "wow! that's a bad ass woman right there, watch it!" sense. A grinder.

She was in the midst of finishing up an album of her own right as I was starting to realize I could make a living at this photography thing. So, hey Jacque? Want to help me test out my camera? We did a shoot in the freezing Oregon rain in the winter of 06. She was a champ, too. She even allowed the make-up artist to douse her in additional water because apparently, the rain wasn't enough. lol We wanted her wet! The shots turned out so good that I was able to start advertising my newly found career. :)

Since then, J-Kronic and I have shot several times together and she had me shoot and design her solo album "On The Grind" but nothing like a shoot of this calibur for Rose Bent. She was serious. They were serious. We went ahead wit'it. The ladies came ready with professional make-up and their hair styled. They had their fits ready and were energetic, took direction well and basically were a blast to work with. If I remember correctly, it was rather warm in the studio that day but never the less, the pictures came out great.

I had the opportunity to see a live performance for their CD Release party and well, I was super impressed. I've always been woo'd by J-Kronic. Just mesmorized by her stage presence. Taking J-Kronic and adding Trinity and Sarah Paidlynn to the mix was a major play on the board and I can't see anything but success coming from this all female package. I'm a stinker for live performance and these ladies have sold me. I'd buy their CD but hey, they sent me mp3's man. tee hee. Anyway, I have them in heavy rotation on my music player....  Envisioning directing videos for them. lol  !
 

 So...
Along with the photo shoot for Rose Bent, I also designed a Flash website, 2 Panel CD Jacket Album Artwork with CD Graphics and T-Shirt graphics. Take a gander below and be sure to stop at their website http://www.rosebent.com/ to have a listen to their music and perhaps catch their next show! These ladies bring the rain! lol I mean, they definitely entertain.

Fully equipped with a live band... Don't expect to be bored. Really.

The face of the website -
Includes streaming music through navigation:
tour dates, live streaming Twitter, bio, gallery, music and contact



Some of their favorite shots and mine, too.....






No comments:

Post a Comment